[Enyo App] The app is not working on Google Chrome
When you test the sample app on a local machine in Google Chrome, it may not be loaded normally. Then, you should use the --allow-file-access-from-files option when you run the sample on the Chrome browser. The followings show how to do it on various operating systems.
- Get the URL of your Chrome Installation path to your chrome installation
- Launch the Google Chrome browser from the command line window with the additional argument ‘–allow-file-access-from-files’.
E.g ‘path to your chrome installation\chrome.exe --allow-file-access-from-files’
- The temporary method you can use each time you are testing
- Copy the existing chrome launcher
- Do as above and save it with a new name e.g chrome - testing
- Alternatively, you can simply create a new launcher with the above and use it to start chrome.
- Go to the menu entry/ launcher for Chrome (.desktop file)
- Open the launcher properties dialog.
- It should look something like this: ‘/usr/bin/google-chrome %U’
- Change it to ‘/usr/bin/google-chrome --allow-access-from-files‘ to make the flags work permanently
- You may also need to delete and re-pin your launcher(s) after modifying it. Chrome should launch with the specified flags enabled after the modification.
- Open your terminal anywhere, make sure Google Chrome is currently not running.
- Copy paste this line and hit enter:
open /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app --args --allow-file-access-from-files