[SDK] FAQ on Installing SDK
Q1. When uninstalling SDK, "java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: " error occurs.
This error is caused by some problem in config file data. To figure out the problem, we should check the log file generated in the webOSLogs folder which is placed under the webOS_TV_SDK\Uninstall folder.
To proceed with the uninstallation anyway, you should manually uninstall the SDK by following the next steps.
- Remove the config file.
- Remove the webOS_TV_SDK folder which is located in the installation path.
- Remove SDK program file links and icons.
Q2. After I reinstall the patched webOS TV SDK v2.0.0, the Emulator v1.2.0 is not executed normally. Only the remote control emulator is launched and the emulator screen is not launched.
If this case, please follow the next steps.
- Uninstall the webOS TV SDK first.
- Start Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager.
- Select virtual machines for webOS TV Emulator 2.0.0 and webOS TV Emulator in the left pane and click Remove menu.
- Open Virtual Media Manager and remove LG_webOS_TV_Emulator.vmdk files.
- Reinstall the SDK.
Q3. "Emulator Script Failed" occurs during webOS TV SDK v2.0.0 installation on Windows 7
If "Emulator Script Failed" error occurs during the webOS TV SDK v2.0.0 installation, it may be a problem of system path environment variables.
Follow the next steps:
- Run Cmd.exe as administrator.
- Check the location and confirm the execution of wmic: C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WMIC.exe
- Execute wmic sysaccount where sid='S-1-5-11' get name in the command line.
- If it works, check whether C:\Windows\System32\Wbem; is in the path environment variables.
- If C:\Windows\System32\Wbem; is not in the path environment variables, add on to it.
- Run the SDK installer as administrator.
To refer to wmic, see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394531(v=vs.85).aspx.
Q4. "Exception in thread "Thread-3"" occurs during webOS TV SDK installation on macOS
You can solve this issue by downloading and installing Java for OS X 2014-001. For more information, please visit here.