We provide documents here to help you to create content for LG Smart TV and media product.
- Required Documents for App Submission to LG Seller Lounge
Every app submitted to LG Apps TV will go through App Quality Assurance (QA) process, and the two documents in the following zip file are required for QA validation. Please fill out the documents provided and upload them with your app in the App Submission section of LG Seller Lounge. App submission may be rejected in the App QA process if any of the submitted documents is incomplete or invalid.
Self-Evaluation Checklist excel file has been updated to v3.4 on 09-09-2016.
- Added confirmation item if the technical information (in-app purchase and in-app ads) is properly selected in seller lounge's app submission section.
- Added item for 3rd party billing system, including: cheking for smooth operation of payment system, displaying purchase list, and playing paid content.
- Removed 8 LG AD test items (8 items), as LG AD is no longer supported.
- Added item for 3D, 4K, HDR app to re-check if relevant information is mentioned in app description.
The files can also be found at LG Seller Lounge site.
- Smart TV (LH57) vs. NetCast
The features of light-weighted Smart TVs (LH55, LH56, LH57, LH58) are compared with those of NetCast TV.
This document contains the following:
- API support range
- userAgent string of Smart TV (LH57 and its derivatives)
- Memory management strategy
- LG Smart TV and Media Product UI Guideline
This document contains UI/UX guidelines that developers should follow to design an application that meets LG Smart TV features.
The purpose of this documentation is for you to improve efficiency in designing an application in three forms:
- understanding LG Smart TV supportive features and UI elements
- helping you to design/develop faster
- helping you make fewer mistakes
Followings were changed at the version 4.18 of this document.
- Change mandatory items to recommendations:
- Over scan area rule (M02 --> R01)
- Display on-screen ‘Q.Menu’ button on video play screen (M08 --> R08)
- Specify minimum target size by screen resolution
- Update a behaviour of LG screen keyboard : Total 5 language keyboard can be selected.
- LG Smart TV Guidelines for App Icon and Screenshot
This document contains icon and screenshot guidelines that developers should follow to design an application that meets LG Smart TV features.
- Useful Information for App Verification
This document contains useful information for application verification which developers should know to submit their applications.
- This document contains the following contents.
- Useful information for effective application development
- Required documents at application development stage
- Required documents at application submission stage
- How to share the test account with QA Team
- Requirements for application with Geo-IP blocking
- How to communicate with QA Team for fixed issues
- How to inquire about the application QA using Seller Lounge
- Web_List of Public CAs and LG Root CA
Refer to "Annex E. HTTPS Server and Client Certificate" in document.
- List of Public CA
This is the server certificate file. The NetCast platform has trusted CAs to be able to verify Secure Socket Layer (SSL) server certificates.
- LG root CA of TV / Media
This is the client certificate file that is a standard X.509 v3 certificate. It has been issued by LG custom CA.
- List of Public CA