Before you download the SDK, check that you meet the system requirements.
Download the installer and/or the SDK package for your computer OS. If you choose to install the SDK with a network installer, you do not need to download the SDK package file. The network installer will do the job for you. Read the Installation Guide for step-by-step instructions on installing the SDK.
For information on changes in this SDK release, see Release Notes.
CLI-only installation via network installer is recommended when:
- You have your own development environment or compact installation is required.
- Windows 10 is your operating system. Other components (e.g. IDE and Emulator) of webOS TV SDK are not fully tested on Windows 10 yet.
(Additional Update in January 2017) webOS TV SDK 3.0.0 has been re-released without increasing its version number. Some features of webOS TV SDK CLI has been improved. For detailed information, see Release Notes.
webOS TV 3.0 was released in January 2016. Some key features of webOS TV SDK v3.0.0 that you shouldn't miss out are listed below:
- Allows installing all three webOS TV emulators v1.2.0, v2.0.0, and v3.0.0 with network installer.
- Supports Enyo 2.6 and provides Enyo 2.6 templates. IDE provides content assist for Enyo 2.6.
- Creates webOS Service project in IDE.
- Allows testing your app on actual devices with CLI or IDE directly. See App Testing.
- Allows installing any of your selected SDK and emulator versions with network installer.
For detailed features of webOS TV SDK, see Release Notes.
- System Requirements
- Operating System
- Microsoft® Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite (64-bit)
- Ubuntu 10.04, 12.04 / Ubuntu Mint 13 (Maya) (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.0 GHz or faster
- Memory: 3 GB or more of RAM
- Display: 1280 x 1024 or higher of screen resolution
- Graphic Card: 256 MB or more of video memory
- Additional Software
- Operating System