The webOS TV IDE provides a convenient environment to support your development. The IDE provides the same features as the webOS TV CLI does, so if you find script based environment better, feel free to use the CLI. If you prefer user-friendly UI, you've come to the right page.
- Getting Started with the IDE
- Launching the webOS TV IDE
- Setting Up a Project
- Configuring JSON Files
- Configuring Target
- Launching an App
- Debugging with Inspectors
Let's assume you are to write an app with the webOS TV IDE. The following process is the overall process you will need to take. Whenever you get confused while using the IDE, come back to this page to see which step you have missed out.
- STEP 1. Launch the webOS TV IDE.
- STEP 2. Create an app project.
- STEP 3. Configure appinfo.json.
- STEP 4. Develop your app.
- STEP 5. Configure target to launch your app on a target.
- STEP 6. Launch you app.
- STEP 7. Debug your app on Inspector.
To implement a service along with your app,
- STEP 1. Create an app using the steps guided above.
- STEP 2. Create a service project.
- STEP 3. Configure service.json.
- STEP 4. Develop your service.
Once the webOS TV SDK is installed on your computer, launch the webOS TV IDE.
- On Windows,
- Double click the webOS TV IDE icon (the poor Beanbird crushed underneath a webOS TV, as shown on the right) on Desktop or
- Select a shortcut menu, Start> webOS TV SDK> webOS TV IDE
- On Mac OS,
- Double click the webOS TV IDE icon (shown on the right) on Desktop or
- Go to Applications> webOS TV SDK and click the webOS TV IDE icon.