Frequently Asked Questions
[Enyo App] The app is not working on Google Chrome
Category: Technical FAQ
When you test the sample app on a local machine in Google Chrome, it may not be loaded normally. Then, you should use the --allow-file-access-from-files option when you run the sample on the Chrome browser. The followings show how to do it on various operating systems.
Get the URL of your Chrome Installation path to your chrome installation
Launch the Google Chrome browser from the command line window with the additional argument '-allow-file-access-from-files'. E.g 'path to your chrome installation\chrome.exe --allow-file-access-from-files'
The temporary method you can use each time you are testing
- Copy the existing chrome launcher
- Do as above and save it with a new name e.g chrome - testing
- Alternatively, you can simply create a new launcher with the above and use it to start chrome.
- Go to the menu entry/ launcher for Chrome (.desktop file)
- Open the launcher properties dialog.
- It should look something like this: '/usr/bin/google-chrome %U'
- Change it to '/usr/bin/google-chrome --allow-access-from-files' to make the flags work permanently
- You may also need to delete and re-pin your launcher(s) after modifying it. Chrome should launch with the specified flags enabled after the modification.
- Open your terminal anywhere, make sure Google Chrome is currently not running.
- Copy paste this line and hit enter:
open /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app --args --allow-file-access-from-files