Icons are the visual expression of a brand's products, services, and identity. The app icons provide a quick, and intuitive representation of the product. To represent your icons in your app, you should specify icons in app assets. See App icons for details.
You should be aware of the following rules when you design your app icons.
- Design icons with a distinct silhouette. Icons should be two-dimensional and flat.
- Avoid using visual effects. Visual effects make your icon look inconsistent with the flat style/aesthetic of the system UI.
Icon background panel sizes and scale
App icons displayed on the Home screen has the following panel size:
126 x 126 px
Icon format and positioning
- Import icons in PNG format.
- Add at least 5px padding inside icons. If you don’t add padding in your 115 x 115 px area, your logo will be not be displayed properly.
- Make sure that the icon fits nicely on the panel without being too close to any of the edges.
In LG Content Store, your logo is displayed in a square box. Without the padding space, your logo looks inconsistent from the rest of the logos displayed on the screen.