From February, 2022, the package installer for webOS TV developer tools is not provided. Instead, individual installation files for each tool are provided separately. The following are the tools that webOS TV provides to support your app development.
- CLI - It is a basic tool that provides a collection of commands for from creating to installing and launching web apps in the command line environment.
- VS Code Extension - webOS TV provides an extension for developers who are familiar with VS Code.
- Simulator - webOS TV Simulator allows developers to test their app on a computer without a real device.
- Beanviser - It is a graphical tool that measures the performance of apps or services.
Compatible SDK version/tools by release year
- As of 2022, Emulator, IDE, and Sublime Text Plugin are deprecated.
- The latest-version CLI and VS Code Extension (VSCE) support all platform versions.
- For compatibility between release year and SDK version/tools in detail, see the table below.
|Release year||Platform version||SDK version*||Supported Tools|
|2022||webOS TV 22||7.x.x||
|2021||webOS TV 6.0||6.x.x||
|2020||webOS TV 5.0||5.x.x||
|2018-2019||webOS TV 4.x||4.x.x||
|2016-2017||webOS TV 3.x||3.x.x||
|2015||webOS TV 2.0||2.x.x||
|2014||webOS TV 1.0||1.x.x||
*For the SDK version, go to Settings and check webOS TV Version on your TV device. The path in between may vary by platform version.